St. Catherine Labouré School is a community committed to developing faith-filled and morally aware individuals. With the support of the Department of Catholic Schools, faculty, parents, alumni, consultative boards and the community, our school:
- educates the whole person spiritually, academically, socially, and physically;
- promotes the dialogue among faith, reason and culture;
- builds community through the celebration of the Church’s liturgical life;
- defends the goodness, dignity and freedom of each person;
- fosters awareness of moral and social concerns; and
- develops leaders for the community.
One of the biggest ways students grow in their faith is through service opportunities. At SCL, students support
- Missionary Childhood Association
- Heifer International
- The Cathedral of Our Lady of Angels skid row collection
- St. Vincent DePaul Society food drives
In addition, our students support parish members through cards for the homebound and veteran and monthly senior luncheons. Outreach programs and service opportunities for older students include altar serving, serving as lectors and commentators at liturgies, doing grounds keeping for the annual Parish Fiesta, and sponsoring fundraising activities for families in need.